Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Hello, I’m experiencing issues with an automation script for logging into Reolink. Here is the code I’m using:

OpenBrowser Chrome “My account - Reolink
ClickAndWrite InputID “email” “[email protected]
ClickAndWrite InputID “password” “XXXXX”
Click Button “Login”
Click Text “Subscribe to Cloud Service”
Click Checkbox “Basic Plan”
Click Button “Subscribe”

Despite using what I thought were the correct element IDs the script still fails with an “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” error. Could anyone assist in diagnosing and resolving this issue? Thanks!

Try screenshot set always each step, then debug by take screenshot and verify (eye icon)

Hi Adam,

I updated the scenario a bit. Could you please try again with the following steps, let us know if it’s working or not?

OpenBrowser Chrome “My account - Reolink
ClickAndWrite InputLabel “Email” “[email protected]
ClickAndWrite InputLabel “Password” “XXXXX”
Click Text “Log in” [1]
Click Text “Subscribe to Cloud Service”
Click Checkbox “Basic Plan”
Click Button “Subscribe”

Here are the changes I made to your scenario:

• There is no classifier called InputID. I updated that part to InputLabel.
  • I capitalized the first letters of Email and Password.
  • It was written as ‘Login’ as a single word, I updated it to ‘Log in’.
  • There are two ‘Log in’ text on the screen. We’re targeting the second one, I’ve assigned its index as [1]. I’ve corrected it to be recognized as text. Occasionally, we may encounter difficulties in identifying buttons on the screen. I have reported this issue to the development team.

Classifier Syntax
<<Classifier> [Text] [Index]>*

• <Classifier> can be any of the following: Text, InputLabel, ProductBox, Button, ShoppingCart, Image, Selection, Arrow
  • [Text] can be String
  • [Index] can be "[" + Integer + "]", Default = 0

Check out the documentation below, There are many example scenarios and videos that I believe could be useful to you.

📄 Knowledge Base - u-xer community

Let me know if you need anything else!