Missing screenshot

-Screenshot always is selected as step option, but report is not showing screenshot

Description:
I expect this option to give me a screen capture to look at in the report after running the scenario. There is no thumbnail, only “-”. If the capture is somewhere, it is not where I expect it to be.

Agent Version:
Agent 4.1 on MacOS 13.6.6.

Expected Result:
When clicking “View Details” for the specifc step in the report, I expect the details to show a thumbnail of the screen capture.

Actual Result:
There is no thumbnail, only “-”.

Steps to Reproduce:
List the steps to reproduce the issue in as much detail as possible. Number each step to make it clear and easy to follow. For example:

1. Create a scenario involving the WRITE command.
  2. Have that step configured to take a screenshot always
  3. Run the scenario and look at the report.

Screenshots:

Hi @robert ,

Screenshots can’t be taken during actions like Write, Sendkeys. This issue is on our bug list, and I have informed the Development team to prioritize it. I will inform you when it is resolved.

Thanks,

Do we have a list of actions that support the option as things are today? (or a list of actions that do not?)

I’m glad I looked for it. Someone could easily setup that step, believe screenshots are logged to the reports and realize they need to customize their scenario further, then do a new test run.

Perhaps introducing a dedicated action/command to take a screenshot could also be considered?

Hi @robert ,

Actions that are taking screenshots are the ones which finds an “object” on the screen.

For example:
Click Text “Log in” → the Log in object needs to be found on the screen. Will take screenshot
Click Button → Button object needs to be found on the screen. Will take screenshot
Write “Test” → No object here, it is just a keyboard action. No Screenshot
ClickAndWrite → Object needs to be fount on the screen. Will take screenshot
IsVisible → Object needs to be fount on the screen. Will take screenshot

I aggree that Dedicated screenshot action would also be nice. I will add this as a feature request.